Contact Mary Meyer at 894-2504 between 9AM and 9PM for hall rental reservations. Town Hall will only be rented to residents or property owners of the Town of Schleswig. Reservations are accepted up to 12 months in advance. Current fee for renting the Town Hall is $30 with an additional $45 refundable deposit if the renter properly cleans the hall after use.
Rules & Regulations for Use of Town Hall
The town hall of the Town of Schleswig, located at 21935 Rockville Rd., Kiel, WI 53042, shall be available for use by private groups or nonprofit groups for purpose of social, governmental, or educational meetings or events upon terms and conditions approved by the Town Board.
- A member of the user group shall be a resident of the Town of Schleswig.
- The area of the town hall permitted to be used shall include the lаrge gathering room and the kitchen facilities and restrooms. It shall not include the private office or garage area. The kitchen may not be used for meal preparation; it may be used only for heating and serving food.
- No use of the town hall shall be scheduled or permitted which will conflict with any activity of the Town of Schleswig. Scheduling shall be on a first come, first served basis, upon filling a completed application form, payment of deposit, and compliance with any other requirements of the Town.
- An Application for Use of Schleswig Town Hall, supplied by the Town, shall be completed and signed by the responsible party from the user group, and shall be accompanied by a deposit of $75.00. Of this amount, $45.00 will be returned to the user group upon satisfactory compliance with all rules and regulations. An application form shall be filed with a Town official prior to the date of requested use, unless waived by the Town Board.
- The applicant shall abide by all state laws and by all rules and regulations established by the Town for the use of the Town Hall including, but not limited to, the maximum capacity limit of 150 persons, fire safety regulations and all parking regulations. It shall be the responsibility of the applicant to obtain any necessary permits or licenses required. It is understood that any Town of Schleswig employee has the right to enter the premises at any time.
- No admission fee shall be collected for any activity.
- No sale, admission fee, donation, contribution or other charge shall be collected when intoxicating liquor or fermented malt beverages are consumed. Alcoholic beverages are permitted for any function by any person who has attained the age of 21 years if none of the above provisions are violated.
- Smoking is prohibited.
- No changes to the physical appearance of the town hall shall take place without approval of the Town Board. No decorations shall be hung from the light fixtures or ceiling. No tape, glue, thumb tacks or paper clips may be applied to walls, ceilings or tables. No standing on tables or chairs.
- No outside music will be permitted. No animals are allowed in the facility or on adjacent grounds.
- The user group is responsible for cleaning all floors, restrooms, appliances, chairs and tables upon completion of use, leaving the town hall in the same order as at the beginning of the use and suitable for immediate use by the next group (sweep and mop floors; wash and dry tables; bag and tie the trash, separating the recyclables). The user group agrees to pay additional fees for damages or extra time required to clean and restore facilities. Please refer to checklist for cleaning of Town Hall after rental.
- The Town Board reserves the right to reject the use by any group.
- The Town shall not be liable for any injuries, death or property damage arising out of the use of the above described facilities, and user agrees to hold the Town harmless. The Town is not responsible for any articles left, lost or stolen on the rented premises
- The Town provides free Wireless Internet Use upon request. A Wireless Internet Use Agreement must be signed by the responsible individual on the application for use of Schleswig Town Hall.
Effective August 12, 1999
Updated February 12, 2015
Updated June 11, 2020
RENTER IS RESPONSIBLE TO COMPLETE THE CLEANING OF THE TOWN HALL FOLLOWING THE ACTIVITY HELD
- Wipe off tables and chairs, sanitize, and return them to their original position.
- Floors should look the same as when you arrived. Sweep floors. Mop up any spills. (For spills, fill small mop pail located under kitchen sink. After mopping, leave mop pail in kitchen; Town will empty it.)
- Wipe down and sanitize sink and countertops in kitchenette. Wipe out and sanitize refrigerator and microwave if used.
- Check restrooms; toilets flushed, wastebaskets empty, clean and sanitize sink.
- Wipe out and sanitize drinking fountain basin and on/off bar.
- Wipe down and sanitize glass entry/exit doors and door handles, inside and out.
- Pick up all cigarette butts and other litter outside.
- Return thermostat to original setting. Turn off lights.
- Lock door upon leaving.
Above procedures for cleaning must be followed every time the hall is used.
Cleaning and sanitizing supplies for tables, chairs and glass doors are located in the cupboard under the kitchen sink. Brooms and mops are located in the closet at the north-east corner of hall.
Additional precautions due to COVID-19;
- For food serving, do not use communal utensils, assign one person as server. The server should wear gloves, face covering recommended.
- Face coverings and gloves for attendees are optional but recommended.
- Please practice social distancing.