Manitowoc County Dog License Ordinance
(1) Requirement. Pursuant to Wis. Stat. § 174.05, the owner of a dog that is more than 5 months of age on January 1 or that becomes 5 months of age within the license year must annually pay the dog license tax and obtain a dog license. The tax must be paid to the treasurer of the city, town, or village in which the owner resides.
(2) Tax. The dog license tax is $5 for a neutered male or spayed female and $10 for an unneutered male or unspayed female, or one-half these amounts if the dog becomes 5 months of age after July 1.
(3) Multiple Dog License Option. Pursuant to Wis. Stat. § 174.053, any person who keeps more than one dog may, instead of paying the dog license tax for each dog, apply for a multiple dog license. The multiple dog license tax is $35 for 12 or fewer dogs, plus an additional $3 for each dog in excess of 12.
(4) Late Payment Fee. A late payment fee of $5 must be paid if the dog license tax is not paid before April 1 for a dog that is more than 5 months of age on January 1, before a dog reaches 5 months of age during the year, or within 30 days of acquiring an unlicensed dog that is required to be licensed.
(5) All dog license tax revenues shall be disbursed by the collecting official in accordance with Wis. Stat. ch. 174.